CODE OF DOCTRINE
The verbal inspiration of the Old and New Testament Scriptures as originally given and their final authority and sufficiency in all matters pertaining to faith and practice.
2. The unity of the God-head and the Divine co-equality of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; the sovereignty of God in creation, providence and salvation.
3. God created man perfect but after being tempted by the devil, man, by his own free choice disobeyed God and became a sinner. Man’s whole nature is now perverted by sin.
4. The Lord Jesus Christ as true God and true man. His deity, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary atoning death and physical resurrection.
5. The justification of the sinner by grace through faith in Christ alone.
6. God the Holy Spirit must work in a man before he can enter into salvation. He leads the sinner into awareness of his sinfulness and brings him to repentance and trust in Christ. He brings to birth in him and new and eternal life, and by his continuing work develops in this new life the fruits of love and holiness.
7. God is bringing all human history to a climax which will be marked by the visible, personal return to earth of the Lord Jesus Christ.
8. The immortality of the soul, the resurrection of the body, the judgement of the world by the Lord Jesus Christ. The eternal blessedness of the saved and the eternal punishment of the wicked.
9. All who have been redeemed by the blood of Christ and upon whom God has bestowed His righteousness as a free gift belong to Christ. They alone may rightly be called Christians. They alone are members of the one universal and eternal Church of Christ.